top of page




Study Permit 

A study permit is a written authorization issued by an officer allowing foreign nationals to study in Canada. A study permit becomes invalid 90 days after your study program has been completed. Your program is considered complete when you receive a notification of program completion from your school.



Once you have your acceptance letter from a designated learning institution in Canada, you can complete and submit an application for a study permit.

The candidate of a Study Permit must:

  • Meet the requirements of the IRPA and the IRPR including leaving Canada at the end of your studies;

  • Have satisfactory proof of financial support

  • Are law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity

  • Will not be a risk to the security of Canada

  • Are in good health (a medical examination may be requested)

  • Will produce additional documents requested by the officer to establish your admissibility

Once you are a student in Canada, you may extend your status as a student if you need additional time to complete your studies and if you continue to meet the above requirements. 

Work Permit

There are various types of Work Permits

  • LMIA based work permit

  • Post Graduate Work Permits (PGWP

  • Open Work Permit

  • Bridging Work Permit

  • International Experience Class – Open Work Permit


Apply for a work permit – International Experience Canada 

International Experience Canada (IEC) provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. To participate:

  • Your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, or

  • You may be able to use a Recognized Organization.


Working Holiday

Fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada. The type of work permit you get for Working Holiday is an open work permit.

This category is for you if:

  • You don’t have a job offer yet

  • You want to work for more than one employer in Canada

  • You want to work in more than one location

  • You’d like to earn some money so that you can travel

Young Professionals

Gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy. The type of work permit you get in the Young Professionals category is an employer-specific work permit.

This category is for you if:

  • You have a job offer in Canada that contributes to your professional development

  • You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada


International Co-op Internship

The type of work permit you get in the International Co-op (Internship) category is an employer-specific work permit. The internship you are offered in Canada must be directly linked to your field of studies and classified as a National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code Skill Type Level 0, A or B to be considered. A NOC C job might also be accepted if your internship is directly linked to your field of studies with a post-secondary institution in your country.

Temporary workers– LMIA based

You can apply for a Work permit if you have an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). An LMIA is the approval of a job offer made by an established Canadian Business to a foreign national.  


Student - Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

If you have completed a post secondary or post graduate program in Canada that was valid for at least one year, you are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit within 90 days from the day you completed your school program. When issued, your work permit will be valid for one year, two or three years depending on the duration of your program of study. 


Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit

If you have a valid open work permit, you may apply for an extension if you are a foreign worker currently with a valid open work permit and you have submitted an application for  permanent residence and you have received the confirmation that your application for permanent residence have been received.  


Other - Open Work Permits 

You may qualify for an open work permit if you are:  


Spouse or Common-law spouse of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident currently residing in Canada.

You are the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident who has submitted a spousal sponsorship application In-Canada Class on your behalf.







2005 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 100​

Toronto, Ontario M2J 5B4


Tel:  (647) 228-0252


Click Here to Find Us

bottom of page